Monday, October 11, 2010

The Beginning - Day 1

All my life I have half-assed everything I've ever done, said I would do or thought about doing.  I've made a personal lifestyle out of almost finished or just started projects or ideas.  Go to college, drop out.  Go back to college, but barely try.  Graduate, work as an administrative assistant.  Quit Administrative Assistant job and take daycare job.  Turn down promotion.  Then I moved, no job, didn't look for a job because I convinced myself I'd be handed a new job upon arrival because I was a spouse already in the system.  I never even bothered to look up how spousal preference works because I just half-assed yet another thing in my life.

I'm a half-assed parent; spending time reading, watching TV, cleaning or anything besides playing with my kid.  I should be ashamed.  Of all the things to half-ass, child rearing should not be one of them.  So I realize the life I've been leading is lacking.  I have no job, let alone a career.  I suck at parenting the way the color yellow sucks at being green.  I've bumbled along, blaming others and myself for being what I am and now it's time to stop!

I am 29 years old and out of shape and over weight.  It's time to start taking care of myself and grow up.  I'm going to join the Army and become an officer.

Sucked at running, sit-ups and push-ups.
Run: 16 min/mile
Sit-ups: 14
Push-ups: BIG FAT 0

I told my mom and she supports me, so does my other mom, Peg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment